Compensation: $54,110.00 - $77,570.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living's values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Sous Chef is primarily responsible for staff performance including the daily supervision and retention of culinary staff. The Sous Chef needs to be familiar with all aspects of the kitchen operations. The Sous Chef is committed to providing excellent service by increasing staff productivity, developing and maintaining programs to improve service excellence, enhancing resident satisfaction, and ensuring cross training and staff development. The Sous Chef's goal is to provide a full and enhanced dining experience to residents and visitors, while maintaining budget goals and regulatory compliance.
Sous Chef essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains effective and efficient dining services, maintains positive resident relations, develops and maintains positive relations with staff members in all departments.
- Ensures products and staff services are consistent with regulatory standards as well as quality and excellence standards.
- Assists Profit & Loss management by following WEL policies and procedures, managing staffing and overtime budget, maintaining inventory controls, managing staff performance, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Assists General Manager, and Head Chef with interviewing, hiring, training, daily supervision, and retention of qualified staff.
- Taking the Head Chef's daily responsibilities on when he or she is not there
- Must possess the ability to delegate tasks to staff as well as effectively coach and mentor members of the culinary staff.
- Maintains and corrects the job performance of employees through effective discipline.
- Complies with, supports, and enforces policies inclusive of safety and infection control procedures.
- Insures staff adheres to sanitation policies and regulations. Conducts in house inspections bi-weekly.
- Directly supervises the delivery of food products and effective staff service to residents.
- Ensures food is received, stored, prepared, held and served in compliance with dining services procedures and state and federal guidelines.
- Assists Head Chef with ordering all products needed
- Ensures adherence to quality assurance processes by routinely auditing (i.e., meal service, dining, safety, sanitation, and meal satisfaction) the dining areas.
- Assists Head Chef with maintaining supplies inventory by checking stock and reporting anticipated needs
- Assists the Head Chef with menu planning and catering functions
Related Experience: Minimum 5 years experience cooking experience required. Previous Health Care Food Service experience preferred
Education or Degree Requirement: High School Degree or Equivalent. Graduation from an accredited secondary (voc tech) culinary program, or post secondary training or graduation from a culinary training program, strongly preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: ServSafe Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: corporate kitchen, executive, executive chef, executive kitchen, grill chef, pastry, pizza chef, salad chef, sous chef, sushi chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...